Thursday, January 21, 2010

puppy love

Puppy love, romance, dream, illusion, despair, and so forth, you name it. This is a big part of the life journey, the best part of it.

Having left the campus seven years ago, I'm now taking a backward glance at my campus life, the best part of my youth. How unique and quintessential it was! How quickly, how irrecoverably, lost!

My campus life was a mixture of the zest, the generous affection, the illusions and the despair, like the ripe wine, the overflowing fountain, the heavenly palace, etc.

When you are at 18, you are chasing the movie stars, obsessing to a song and listening to it again and again up to thousand times; you are adoring him, worshiping her, envying him/her ... The older generation may say disapprovingly, "that is a typical adolescent love, not real."

What are the real things? When you are dreaming, your dream becomes reality, and you are waking up, the reality becomes your dream.

When you are at 20, you are not afraid to give yourself away, you offer warmth and vitality and sympathy without thinking. Later on, you begin to weigh what you give.

For me, that was the kind of the youthful friendship I cherish most...

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers", We got drunk together, flying high in the sky, diving deep at the bottom of the sea, wandering freely and aimlessly on the streets.

I knew that I had many admirers when I was at a top university in China, playing football, delivering speechs, grasping my fields/subjects effortlessly ... somehow, I let those "love" opportunities slip away under my fingers, perhaps, as a guy, I cared for many other things, perhaps ... ...

Any solution? There is no solution! That is your life journey, a smooth and calm one is a dull one and the comfortable one is a tedious one. Everyone has a unique journey. Here is one of many tips

Before you are falling in love with someone else, you should fall in love with your own life, and it will love you right back!

Here is a reply from love_ray